Helping organizations attain long-term viability and relevance is my passion. My company, MFCCoach, LLC. allows me to pursue my passion by providing advisory services and executive coaching to organizations and leaders interested in forging a fiscally sustainable future. As an independent advisor and coach, I have the flexibility to tailor any engagement to fit the needs of the client. Through my network of colleagues, I can also bring additional resources onto projects as required.
The Coaching Approach: A Leadership Pathfinder
In my experience, the true value of advisory services is not I providing easy answers, rather value comes from helping organizations and leaders find their path to success. We all have experienced consulting engagements where folks in suits poke around, ask some questions, go away for a while and return with a series of recommendations in a pretty presentation. In those instances, management then typically cherry picks the cheapest recommendations to implement and eventually moves onto the next initiative. The problem is that even if the recommendations are great, the client organization does not learn how to address future issues themselves.
I prefer a model that helps leaders identify issues and generate solutions themselves. This allows them to tap into the knowledge base of myself and my partners, but also starts them on the path to building that knowledge and experience, so they can solve the next issue with less advisory support.
Value is not the answer, it is the ability to find the answer.
If your organization is struggling with a tough strategic issue and need help, then reach out. All engagement begin with an initial conversation about the issue, followed by a slightly more formal session to gather data on the organization and the issue. From there, a proposal is drawn up and if approved, a project plan and kick-off are developed.
Rates and pricing methods are engagement-specific and correlate to the project’s magnitude of the impact, scope and expected duration. Recurring and retained service options are available.
Executive Coaching services are provided on a term agreement, typically nine or twelve months.
Schedule of Services
Schedule includes targeted services available, but is not comprehensive. Engagements seldom neatly fit into categories. Use the Not for Profit, Beyond the Numbers blog as an additional indicator of topics available for advisory support and contact me with any questions.
Printable version of Schedule of Services: MFCCoach Schedule of services
- Strategy Design & Execution:
- Transform vision into strategy and then craft actionable, properly managed and resourced initiatives to enact the plan
- Fiscal Sustainability Assessment:
- Guide organization through a review of its long-term viability and relevance. Produce prioritized areas of concern and initiatives to address most pressing issues. Utilizes the Fiscal Sustainability Framework.
- Board Development:
- Build the Board strategy; including roles and responsibilities, committee structures, advisory or non-voting Boards, succession planning and performance assessments for Board, committee and members
- Board Mechanics:
- Conduct review of corporate documents and establish or improve Board practices, such as; onboarding, training, meeting effectiveness and Board / staff relations
- Financial Assessments:
- Provide analysis for major project decision-making, perform due diligence, review program margin and portfolio performance, design actionable performance metrics, establish overhead and reserve strategies, assess unrelated business income and entity structuring
- Operations Support:
- Instill strong practices in procurement, pricing and grant proposals, review Form 990 and other reporting requirements, explore capital financing alternatives, identify process and cost efficiencies and optimize earned income opportunities
- Enterprise Systems:
- Review current systems, develop enterprise systems strategy, identify requirements, provide procurement support and implementation planning and oversight
Executive Coaching Services
Provide one-on-one support to organization leaders, future leaders and Board members, specializing in the following areas;
- Leadership Skills Development
- Embracing Transitions and Change
- Preparing New and Future Leaders
- Board / Executive Director and Staff Relations
- Chair / Executive Director Partnership
- Intra-Board Member Relations
Notice: Posts on the Not for Profit, Beyond the Numbers blog are derived from my direct experiences and from learnings shared by advisory practitioners and educators. While it is important to me to help others learn from challenges faced by my clients, I ensure that all articles, posts and podcasts are sanitized to ensure the privacy of the organizations involved.